Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rice Pudding and a cookie tip



I had leftover brown rice in the fridge and was thinking of how I could use it besides as a side for my carb meals. Just as I always do, I went to bed last night creating this morning's breakfast in my head. I decided to try something with the rice, and this is what was made...Vanilla rice pudding with blueberries. It was SO easy and super delicious.

1/2 C brown rice
1 scoop vanilla BE whey protein
handful of blueberries
Unsweetened almond milk to a creamy consistency. (start with maybe 1/8C) I forgot to measure. As you stir it gets creamier, so don't over do the milk.

Mix well and eat!

Cookie tip:
I made cookies the other day (I don't do often) and when I pulled them out of the oven as directed, they looked gooey still so I put them back in for a couple minutes. Yeah, bad idea...the cookies ended up being a little more on the done side than preferred. I was thinking of a possible remedy to soften overdone cookies, and I thought, if you can put a piece of bread in brown sugar to keep it moist maybe I could try it with cookies. I did and it worked! The cookies were resurrected to a soft and delicious state :)

No comments:

Post a Comment