Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Tomato Pasta

Last night I wanted to make something fairly easy for dinner since we just got home from a road trip. There was still some tomato soup we needed to use up before it went bad, so I thought of a way I could use it besides the same old grilled cheese and a bowl of soup. I thawed some chicken breasts, placed them on a tin foil covered cookie sheet sprayed with a little cooking spray. I used Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning to cover the top. While the chicken was cooking, I boiled 2 servings (4 oz) of whole wheat spaghetti noodles.

Baked at 350 for about 15-20 min then broiled the top for about 5-8 min. Let cool while prepping the rest.

I sliced up a serving of kalamata olives  for each person (4 olives each), weighed out a serving of sun dried tomatoes, and strained the noodles.

I weighed the noodles and slit the servings into 2 bowls (6oz each). Warmed up 1 cup of the tomato soup in the microwave for about a minute and then poured half into each bowl. Then sprinkled each bowl with their serving of olives and tomatoes and sliced chicken, then sprinkled with a serving of reduced fat Parmesan cheese.


Then I mixed it all up to cover it with the soup.


It turned out pretty tasty, but there are a couple things I would probably try next time. Bon didn't prefer the chewiness of the sun dried tomatoes, so I may try chopped fresh tomatoes. I would also try mixing a little Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese with the soup before I warmed it just to make it a little thicker. 


Ingredients
for 1 serving

1 serving whole wheat pasta noodles
4 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning
1 serving kalamata olives
1 serving sun dried tomatoes (if you prefer chewy) fresh tomatoes if not
1/2 C tomato soup
1 serving Parmesan cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment