Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Asian Turkey Burgers


I usually make turkey zucchini burgers and freeze them for an easy delicious source of protein. I was planning out cooking this batch and decided to switch things up a bit.

I tried some amazing veggie burgers that had soy beans in them and I really liked it. The idea of using soy beans branched to the idea of making these Asian style turkey burgers. I think they turned out quite tasty!

I first grated the zucchini, shelled the edamame, and chopped the celery.

I then added the spices and turkey and mixed it together by hand.



I weighed out 14-5oz patties and placed 6 on each foil lined cookie sheet.


Broil for 7 minutes and then carefully turn them over and broil for another 7 minutes.


I let them all cool then wrapped them individually in plastic wrap, so I could freeze half and then refrigerate the other half.



Ingredients:

2- 20oz pkgs of extra lean ground turkey
2 large stalks of celery
1 individual pouch of edamame
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 Tbsp black bean garlic sauce
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce

Nutrition: 1 patty

107 calories
1.6g fat
3g carbs
1.1g fiber
20.2g protein 



No comments:

Post a Comment