Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vanilla Chai Oatmeal


As I was reading my Fitness magazine the other day I saw a recipe for this chai oatmeal that looked and sounded amazing. I decided to try it this morning with a few alterations.

 Their recipe is as follows:
Steep 1 chai tea bag in 1/2 C boiling water for 3 min.
Combine tea with 1/2 C low-fat milk and 1/2 C oats in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave for 1 1/2-2 min on high.
Top with 1/2 C thawed sliced peaches, 1 Tbsp chopped pecans, and 2 tsp maple syrup.


I used: unsweetened almond milk instead of low-fat, didn't use any pecans (think I'm allergic), sugar free maple syrup, and added half a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

It was very tasty!

281 calories
4g fat (1g sat)
52g carbs 
8g fiber
21g protein

I also put a cup of oats soaking in Fuse Slederize strawberry melon juice in the refrigerator over night and tasted that this morning to see if it was a success and I think it is! I will have to let you know for sure when I decide to eat it.  The Fuze only has 15 calories in the whole bottle, and I used about 1/2 C. I'm sure topping this bowl with some fresh fruit and a little Greek yogurt would be excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment