Monday, February 27, 2012

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

I have been on a blueberry kick lately, so this morning I finally decided to make baked oatmeal with blueberries! Oh how delicious it was! One thing I need to change next time is  use a bigger oven safe bowl or start with the cookie sheet underneath. I first put the bowl in by itself and when I checked it, it was over flowing, so I put the cookie sheet under it to save from more oven cleaning and wasting the oatmeal.




Makes 1 seving

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup dry oats
  • 2 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup
  • 5 Tbsp (1/3 C) non fat vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 C egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 C blueberries
  • dash of salt
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp water


Preheat the oven to 350*. Set 3 Tbsp of the yogurt and half of the blueberries aside, then mix all the rest of the ingredients in an oven safe bowl. Place bowl on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 min or until the top is  semi-firm. Top it with the remaining yogurt and blueberries then enjoy! :)

Calories:  271
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 49g
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 21g

No comments:

Post a Comment