Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Food For Thought!


Food For Thought!
So have you ever thought about the things that make you so happy, then realized you don't do those things often enough? Kind of ironic yeah?
I have recently come to the surface with this and wondered why in the world would I not exercise so much when I get the best feeling of satisfaction, lose weight, get toned, and get the best sleep ever!
Why would I not want to be ambitious and be early or at least ON TIME to work every day? I mean yeah I have the most boring job in the world...or just the most boring job I personally have ever had, but it is still personal satisfaction when you are recognized as punctual and dedicated to what you are doing.
This one hits me hard...why do I rush through life in a hurry like I'm running a race? I need to stop and breath and while I am breathing notice my surroundings. What beauty God has put me in the middle of! The inventive scenery, amazing people, and smells of the seasons-what could possibly be any better?
Do I tell my family and those that I love how much they really mean to me often enough? Never enough! I need to take the time to express my appreciation!
Do I take "Kerri" time often enough to keep me sane and healthy? I know just a night at home with a bath, writing, and enjoying the peace and tranquility that i deserve would do the body good!
Could I make time to call old friends and reminisce? Of course! Who doesn't love laughing about the stupid crap you did when you were immature and naive? I know I just love to recall those times...wait am I still in that zone?? haha
Do I stop and help others as often as I could? Not near enough! Service is a marvelous thing! Karma will come back to bite you if you ignore the opportunities to help those in need!
Also we all know how great it feels to receive complements from others, even as simple as your hair looks great today, I like your outfit, or a smile to brighten the day. I feel just as good giving these compliments and reassuring others that they are noticed and worthwhile. Every smile makes your day a little brighter, so do those things that make you smile and make others smile so you can share the wealth!
This is just some food for thought that has been sitting on my plate for a while and I finally got the nerve to taste it and it was delicious! I just hope I didn't wait too long and get food poisoning!

THINK ABOUT IT!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment