Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For a Windy Day...

It is blowing like crazy and it is making me not want to go outside at all! I spent my morning and afternoon cooking and baking hoping the wind will calm before I have to go walk the dogs...sadly it hasn't yet.

After MANY attempts, I think tomorrow may be the day I will finally make a great waffle batter! This mornings was horrible at first and then I played with the remaining batter and I think it will make a good one. :)

After that episode I decided to try these chickpea chocolate chip cookies that looked so tasty and fairly healthy. I bet you can guess where this recipe was found...yep, the crazy addictive site...Pinterest! The blog site is http://thefrugalgirls.com/2012/01/healthy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html



Mine turned out pretty tasty! I used a regular blender to mix it, but had to stir it and push the mix down so it could get all the chickpeas. I also substituted zero calorie sweetener for the brown sugar.

Servings: 12

1 Cookie
Calories: 149
Fat: 8.6g
Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 2.1g
Protein: 4.8g

I also decided to have breakfast again for lunch...imagine that! haha I made another egg sandwich and this time used a turkey sausage patty that is only 50 calories.



A lightly toasted whole wheat light english muffin, a few sprays of butter, spinach, cottage cheese, an egg, turkey sausage patty, fat free cheddar single cheese, and a little pepper. I even put a dash of cumin to add a little more flavor. I am sure any spice or herb would be good, maybe even a little mustard. 

The sandwich ended up being 265 calories. :)

Well now to go face the awful wind I hate so much!!  Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment