Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Elk Steak Philly

I made elk steaks the other night for dinner and had 2 little steaks left. I used those tonight in making a fabulous philly cheese steak sandwich. Bonnie is a philly connoisseur and she requested I make them very often, so that is saying a lot! :)


Take a look at that! You may not believe that this only has 1g of fat! Yep...that is what I said 1 gram!

I sauteed the onions and peppers for about 8-10 minutes in med-high heat in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. I then added the thinly sliced elk steak and mushrooms to the pan, covered and set to low. I cut the roll open and sprayed a little olive oil cooking spray on each side and broiled in the oven for ONLY 45-60 seconds, it browns fast! I then stuffed the roll with the mixture and halved the slice of cheese to cover the whole sandwich. It didn't melt right away so I put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Pretty tasty!

Ingredients

2.4oz elk steak
1 Kroger fresh wheat sandwich roll
3 tbsp chopped yellow onion
3 tbsp chopped green pepper
1/2 small can mushrooms
1 piece Kraft fat free cheddar single

next time I may add a little garlic salt just for a little more flavor :)

Calories: 337
Fat: 1g
Carbs: 42g
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 30g

No comments:

Post a Comment