Monday, February 20, 2012

Waffles!!

My new 4 in 1 grill came today right after I got home from the gym. I was so excited that I wanted to use it even though it was dinner time. In order to feel more like dinner and to get my vegetable nutrients in, I processed spinach, oats, feta, egg whites, and baking powder together to form my batter. I poured it on the grill and hoped for the best! I wasn't sure how it would come out, knowing what the batter looked like...

While they were cooking I struggled with how to top them...you can't really use the typical waffle topping on these...except I found one I could! The ingredient you can use for just about anything...Greek yogurt!!

and voila!

Waffles for dinner!! This may be a way to get kids to eat veggies...  :)

Though as much as I am obsessed with breakfast and probably would have preferred a sweeter waffle, these were fairly satisfying. This will be something I am definitely experimenting with!

No comments:

Post a Comment