Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It is what it is


It is what it is
As I lay on my bed sifting through the thoughts that consume my mind
I hear the sound of rain tapping the side walk outside my window.
The thoughts recall situations of my past and how they have made my future.
The water hitting the ground enlightens me.
Things may not always be convenient,
But they happen for a reason.

 I know I have been where I’ve been and done what I’ve done,
All in preparation for where I am going and what I will become.

As a nomad I have learned the value of family and appreciation of my environment.
Furthering my education has taught me discipline and motivation.
Employment helped me realize the importance of team work and diligence.
Relationships gave me an understanding of those I want in my life.
My thoughts on love have been sharpened to a greater understanding.

As I lay on my bed sifting the thoughts that consume my mind
I know I am where I am supposed to be.
I have a job I enjoy which treats me well.
I have the love of an exquisite girl who I am devoted to.
I am happy and full of optimism for my future.

I know I have been where I’ve been and done what I’ve done,
All in preparation for where I am going and what I will become. 

Kerri Rogers
6/1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment