Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Defying Gravity


Defying Gravity
Is it not enough to let go of someone, but then to tell a lie?
Feelings were dampened, a slow and painful drowning.
To bring the sorrow to a float is to believe and let dry.
Indulging in the strength to overcome
Was the feeling of ice, only to leave me numb.
 Time and realization opened my eyes,
It was me, not enough, not worth the fight.
But to dwell on those who will not fight for a prize they had won
Is useless, a waste of time, and compels me to be numb.
I will regain the strength to fight for myself and conquer my independence.
To love another who disregards all the efforts feels as if I never made a difference.
The time will come when I am of worth to one who mirrors my intentions.
Oh to share the feelings of mutual love and affection.
I am strong, the lies I do not believe,
For I know who I am and I will not be deceived.
My cup is empty only to have yours overflowing,
There is satisfaction from the thirst just to see you glowing.
Friends we are and friends we will be,
I want you to be more than just a memory.
Laughs and tears I’m sure will continue
Fights and disputes, they’ll be so few.
It’s true that people come into your life for a reason,
I learn and grow from each and wouldn’t trade them for anything!
Kerri Rogers   07/20/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment