Friday, February 17, 2012

My Egg Sandwich


I enjoy a great egg sandwich here and there. I remember when my best friend and I would make them when we were younger and they included 2 white pieces of bread, a fried egg, Miracle Whip on both sides, and a slice of cheese. Oh, we were so naive about nutrition back then. I suppose if kids that age knew more about health and nutrition there would be less of them with eating disorders. We all take health classes in school, but they don't really emphasize eating habits as a lifestyle or how to boost your metabolism in order to maintain a goal weight. The thought of being fit and skinny at that age is "the less I eat, the better I'll look". That is when athletes start fainting on the court, kids get hospitalized for malnutrition, and sometimes permanent damage.

With the knowledge I have now, I am able to take that old egg sandwich and turn it into a delicious and nutritious balanced meal!

vs


Mine includes a whole wheat 100 cal English muffin, 1 Tbsp fat free cottage cheese, a few thin slices of green peppers, 2 slices of tomato, a bit of spinach, 2 strips of turkey bacon, 1 poached egg, a few sprays of butter, a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment