Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Muesli

Sonia, a friend I made from Australia introduced me to muesli. She made some soaked in apple juice and mixed with grated apples and it was amazing! I got a wild hair and wanted to experiment like always...I soaked my oats in a 100%  pomegranate blueberry juice and have tried multiple fruits mixed in and was never disappointed. Today I decided to try a few pecans and pistachios with fruit on the side. What I liked about this one is I could use the apple slices as my spoon! :) The nuts gave it a different crunch and a nice flavor. It was also the first time trying a honey crisp apple, I am partial to fugi and granny smith, but these were great! This is such a refreshing way to start the day!


Muesli

2 C dry oats
8 oz. 100% pomegranate blueberry juice
1/2 C non-fat plain greek yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice 

Soak your oats and juice in a bowl overnight or for at least one hour in the fridge. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and any fruit you would like and serve.

makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment